In this post, we’ll configure and deploy Office 365 Pro Plus application for Windows.
Existing setup done:
- Two Local users created
- Azure AD Connect configured
- Seamless Single Sign-On (IE) configured
- Seamless Single Sign-On (Firefox) configured
- Hybrid Azure AD Join configured
- Intune enrollment – Domain Joined Windows 10 devices
- Azure AD Join
- SkyDC: Machine with ADDS, DNS, DHCP role
- SkyCON: Machine where we will install Azure AD Connect
- SkyCM: Machine with Configuration Manager Current Branch
- SkyTEN1: Domain Joined Windows 10 machine
- SkyTEN2: Domain Joined Windows 10 machine
- SkyTEN3i: Domain Joined Windows 10 machine (Intune Managed)
- SkyTEN4i: Domain Joined Windows 10 machine (Intune Managed)
- SkyTEN5i: Azure AD Joined Windows 10 (Intune Managed)
- SkyTEN6i: Azure AD Joined Windows 10 (Intune Managed)
Create a Group of Devices which will have Office 365 Pro Plus
Login to Azure portal. Navigate to Azure Active Directory -> Groups -> All Groups.
Click New group.
Select Group type as Security.
Enter Group name. I have entered Office 365 Users AAD.
Select Membership type as Assigned. Note: You can create rule based group also.
Select the group created. Navigate to Members and click +Add members.
In Add members, start typing the user id and add the necessary members. Click Select.
Create Office 365 Pro Plus Application
Navigate to Intune -> Client apps -> Apps. Click +Add.
In App type, under Office 365 Suite, select Windows 10.
In Settings format, select Configuration designer. Click on All Suite Information.
Enter the required details and click OK. I have entered below:
Suite Name: Windows – Office 365 Pro Plus
Suite Description: Office 365 Pro Plus for Windows 10
Click Configure App Suite.
Select the necessary apps that you want to install and click OK.
Click App Suite Settings.
Select Update channel. For detailed understanding on Update Channels, kindly check the article: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/deployoffice/overview-of-update-channels-for-office-365-proplus
Select other necessary options. If you want to add additional languages, click Languages and select the additional languages.
Click Add group.
Depending on requirement, select Assignment type. I have selected Required.
In the Included Groups, click Select groups to include.
Note: you can make the app required for all Users/devices also, if needed.
Start typing the group name. Click on the required group and click Select.
In Client machine:
Navigate to Settings -> Accounts -> Access work or school. Click on the AD or Azure AD Domain and click Info.
After some time, depending on network and other hardware, you’ll see Office 365 is installed.